Our Calgary AA Ringette Fall Evaluations will begin on August 28, 2017—continuing through the Labour Day weekend, and concluding early September. Exact dates/ice times will be announced later this summer.
Tryout Registration (through RAMP) opens June 1
- $100 Early Bird fee until July 18—please register early to help us determine numbers!
July 19 to August 18 fee increases to $150
Closes August 18—NO EXCEPTIONS AFTER THIS DATE
A few more details:
- Please plan on being in Calgary for tryouts during the Labour Day long weekend
- Ice times and locations will be posted here when available
- Evaluations held separately for U14, U16 and U19 age divisions
- Each registrant is guaranteed three ice times, with up to three more possible ice times through the final selection round
- Out of respect for the process, coaches and other athletes, our evaluations are not designed as a pre-season warmup—only for those committed to trying out for a AA team
- Please remember to also register with your ringette community association for the upcoming season
2017-18 TEAM FORMATION
For the upcoming season, Calgary AA has received approval to form the following teams:
U14 — 3 teams
U16 — 3 teams
U19 — 2 teams
HOW OUR FALL EVALUATION PROCESS WORKS
Once your skater or goalie is registered for our evaluations, your ice times are emailed to you just prior to the start of sessions by the Head Coaches from your age division. Each registrant is guaranteed three ice times (the first selection round). Our full ice schedule will be posted before evaluations begin.
OUR EVALUATION FORMAT consists of skill drills (such as skating, shooting and stabbing) and game play. Players will be advised of what coaches are looking for prior to any drill exercise.
Following the initial round of three ice times, the skaters and goalies moving forward to the next Evaluation round will be posted on our website. This second and final round will consist of up to three more ice times.
FINAL TEAM SELECTION will occur by draft, with results to be posted on our website.
Once teams are selected, AA Registration fees are due immediately and team meetings are scheduled as soon as possible. Our AA Registrar will inform community associations of player selection—please follow up for their refund policies. If a registrant is not drafted, they are released back to their community for evaluations and season play.
2017-18 Evaluation Coordinators
Our Age Division Coordinators facilitate the evaluation process, and ensure that proper policy and documentation are followed throughout. Please direct any questions or concerns to them (rather than coaches or on-ice helpers).
We look forward to seeing you this Fall 2017!