OUR CALGARY AA RINGETTE FALL EVALUATIONS will begin on August 28, 2017—continue through the Labour Day weekend, and conclude early September. Please see our Fall Evaluations Schedule for ice times per division (subject to change).
Now open! REGISTER HERE for Fall Evaluations
- $100 Early Bird fee until July 18—please register early to help us determine numbers!
July 19 to August 18 fee increases to $150
Closes August 18—NO EXCEPTIONS AFTER THIS DATE
A few more details:
- Please plan on being in Calgary for tryouts during the Labour Day long weekend
- Evaluations held separately for U14, U16 and U19 age divisions
- Each registrant is guaranteed three ice times, with up to three more possible ice times through the final selection round
- For U14, we welcome all athletes interested in our program/tryout process. At the U16 and U19 levels, out of respect for our evaluation process, athletes should only attend tryouts if ready to commit to our program
- Please remember to also register with your ringette community association for the upcoming season
2017-18 TEAM FORMATION
For the upcoming season, Calgary AA has received approval to form the following teams:
U14 — 3 teams
U16 — 3 teams
U19 — 2 teams
HOW OUR FALL EVALUATION PROCESS WORKS
Once your skater or goalie is registered for our evaluations, your ice times will be emailed to you, by the Head Coaches from your age division, just prior to the start of sessions. Each registrant is guaranteed three ice times (the first selection round). Our full ice schedule is posted above (subject to change).
OUR EVALUATION FORMAT consists of skill drills (such as skating, shooting and stabbing) and game play. Players will be advised of what coaches are looking for prior to any drill exercise.
Following the initial round of three ice times, the skaters and goalies moving forward to the next Evaluation round will be posted on our website. This second and final round will consist of up to three more ice times.
FINAL TEAM SELECTION will occur by draft, with results to be posted on our website.
Once teams are selected, AA Registration fees are due immediately and team meetings are scheduled as soon as possible. Our AA Registrar will inform community associations of player selection—please follow up for their refund policies. If a registrant is not drafted, they are released back to their community for evaluations and season play.
2017-18 Division Coordinators
Our Division Coordinators facilitate the evaluation process, and ensure that proper policy and documentation are followed throughout. Please direct any questions or concerns to them (rather than coaches or on-ice helpers).
We look forward to seeing you this Fall 2017!