Please see below for Info and Forms to help guide your season.
Ringette Calgary Mandatory Coaches Meetings are usually held at the beginning of October (date and time TBD)—all head coaches must attend one meeting. Assistant coaches and managers are also welcome to attend (optional).
- Coaching Clinics dates (2017 dates will be added when available)
- Deadlines for Coaching Certification, Respect In Sport (RIS) and Provincials Commit to Attend, as well as concussion resources info are available here
Calgary AA Ringette
- Police Information Check – How to Obtain a Police Information Check (PIC)
- Head and Assistant Coaches need to apply for their PIC by September 30, and provide receipt to VP League
Summary of coaching certification requirements:
→ New coaches (brand new, no previous CSI) will need:
- Introduction to Coaching Ringette Course
- Competition Introduction Course
- Making Ethical Decisions Classroom Course
→ Coaches that have done their CSI course already:
- Take the Competition Introduction Course
- Complete the online evaluation for Competition Introduction
- The U14AA Head Coach, U16AA all and U19AA all, will also need to complete an on-ice evaluation to be certified.
Other requirements for the Calgary AA program:
More Forms and Resources
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Manual
- RAB Player Affiliation Form
- RAB Accident Claim Form (fill out and submit to RAB)
In the case of injury, provide this form to athlete/parents to take along to treatment/diagnosis—it then must be submitted to RAB (not their provider) within 30 days of the injury occurring. Coaches, please have copies available in your medical bag.
For more details, please see Ringette Alberta (RAB) Insurance Coverage Information.
- Calgary AA Nutritional Guidelines
Note: This manual was updated for the 2016-17 season
Before submitting form, please ensure that Ringette Calgary policies have been followed (policy listed below, for more information see Coaches Manual at above link):
- Ringette Calgary Rules and Regulations. Section II. D. 2.
D. Affiliated Players:
1. Refer to the Ringette Alberta 5.0 Player Affiliation Policy
2. Procedure for “Quadrant to Quadrant” or “Quadrant to AA” Affiliate Transfer: A player may NOT BE CONTACTED to register as an (AP) for another Quadrant or AA without first obtaining approval or a release form signed by both Quadrant Presidents and/or AA Director.