Please see below for Info and Forms to help guide your season.
Mandatory Coaches Meeting
All head coaches must attend the Ringette Calgary/Chinook Ringette League Head Coaches meeting, which is held at the beginning of October. Assistant coaches and managers are also welcome to attend (optional).
Mandatory Junior Coach Equipment
Effective immediately, Ringette Calgary mandates that all Junior Coaches are required to wear a helmet complete with a face mask, neck guard, and gloves while on the ice for practices.
Please visit Ringette Alberta for more information on Junior Coaches/On-Ice Assistants.
Professional Development credits
A Competition Introduction (CI) certified coach is required to accumulate 20 Professional Development credits over five years from the time they are certified. Once a coach has accumulated the required PD credits, the certification will be renewed for another five years. For more information, please see the Ringette Alberta PD Points & Status Renewal link.
Competition-Development Multi-Sport Modules for CRCs
It is mandatory for coaches to complete at least one Competition-Development Multi-Sport Module from the list below in order to be eligible to attend the CRCs (with the exception of coaches that have completed their CI certification this season, or those who have already completed all modules). This requirement will continue with one course per year (for those coaches attending CRCs) until all Multi-Sport Modules are complete. Please see the Ringette Alberta PD Points & Status renewal link.
- Managing Conflict
- Leading Drug-Free Sport
- Psychology of Performance
- Prevention and Recovery
- Manage a Sport Program
- Coaching and Leading Effectively
- Developing Athletic Abilities
- Performance Planning
Please be aware that online courses are a webinar format and only available on specific dates (with registration deadlines). For registration, available courses and more info, please visit Coach.ca.
In support of training and development, AA Ringette Calgary will reimburse coaches for fees incurred relating to all required coaching courses as required by Ringette Alberta for the current coaching season. Receipts can be submitted to the AA Treasurer.
- View your Coaching Certification level needs
- Check your current NCCP Certification
- Ringette Alberta Coaching Courses and Schedules
- Coaching certifications: RAB Team Staff Requirements
- Respect In Sport OR Safe Sport for Coaches and Team Staff — more info, plus deadline and certification links
- Deadlines for Coaching Certification and Provincials Commit to Attend, as well as concussion resources info are available here
Calgary AA Ringette
- Info about your Police Information Check (PIC)
- Coaches applying in the spring are required to provide a Coach Code of Conduct Pledge and a current PIC, or proof of PIC application by the application deadline to the Coach Admin Coordinator. Any assistant coaches named over the summer (after the coach application process) need to provide a Coach Code of Conduct Pledge and a current PIC before the start of Fall Tryouts.
- All other coach/bench volunteers appointed after team selection (please see Info form above) need to provide a Coach Code of Conduct Pledge and a current PIC or proof of PIC application by September 30.
- Calgary AA Screening Disclosure Form—This form is to be submitted along with a current PIC (three year period) that has not been newly completed, or proof of PIC application (used until the official PIC has been received).
Other requirements for the Calgary AA program:
- Calgary AA Coach Application Form for the 2023-2024 season
- Head Coach Questions
- Coach Code of Conduct Pledge
More Forms and Resources
- Ringette Canada’s Concussion Policy — Concussion Management Guidelines
- Ringette Calgary — Coaches Info (replaces manual)
- Calgary AA Player Affiliation Process (updated Jan 6, 2020)
- 5.0 RAB Affiliation Policy (updated Jun 15, 2019)
- RAB Player Affiliation Form
- Emergency Action Plan for responding to an injury (updated Sept 14, 2021)
- RAB Accident Claim Form (fill out and submit to RAB)
In the case of injury, provide this form to athlete/parents to take along to treatment/diagnosis—it then must be submitted to RAB (not their provider) within 30 days of the injury occurring. Coaches, please have copies available in your medical bag.
For more details, please see Ringette Alberta (RAB) Insurance Coverage Information.
- Calgary AA Nutritional Guidelines